From Tarifa to Pyrenees : the way, the daily stages, advices, accomodation, GPS tracks. My way goes from Tarifa, the southern point of Europe to Punta Estaca de Bares, northern point of Iberian peninsula and Hondarribia at the border with France. As the old pilgrim’s ways, it passes through Guadalupe, Santiago and Oviedo.
The GPS track : GPS track Tarifa – Estaca de Bares – Hondarribia passing through Guadalupe, Santiago and Oviedo with possibility to see it with the Spanish IGN topographic maps. See in each pages, the observations for every day stages.
From april 26th to july 9th, 74 days walking, 2440 kilometers to cross Spain. Using known and unknown ways, through white villages of Andalucia, olive groves, snowed mountains, wild coast, mesetas, unspoiled beaches, to discover the beauty, the diversity of culture, countryside, traditions of the country.
From south to north, I used :
– the trekking way GR7 from Tarifa to Antequera
– the Camino Mozárabe from Antequera to Alcaracejos
– the Caminos de Guadalupe (link Alcaracejos to Almadén, part of Camino of the Mineros, del Levante y of the Jerónimos, link Yuste – Hervás with the camino of Carlos V and part of GR10),
– Via de la Plata (from Hervás to Moreruela)
– Camino Sanabrés
– Camino Inglés
– North Coast of Galicia to link Camino Inglés in Neda and Camino Norte in Ribadeo (with Camino de Teixido, part of Camino del Mar and coastal ways),
– Camino Norte trying to use paths along the coast, avoiding asfalt roads and passing by Oviedo.